The honey's healing properties for cold and viral diseases are known to everyone. With its strong antibacterial and bactericidal properties, it is also uses to prepare sufficiently effective ointments. However, this delicacy and accompanying products (wax, emulsions from honey, etc.) can be successfully used in cosmetic procedures as additives in balms for skin and hair, in various types of creams, in scrubs and so on.
It has been studied that honey is easily and completely absorbed by the human body, both when taken internally and through the skin. In addition to carbohydrates, fruit and grape sugar, it contains about 60 useful substances: potassium, sodium, calcium, iron, magnesium, iodine, phosphorus, enzymes, organic acids, biogenic stimulants, vitamins. Honey has the ability to cause increased blood flow to the skin tissue, thereby improving its nutrition. In addition, honey contains antimicrobial components that do not break down during storage!
Here are the main effects of honey on the skin:
- Usages skin cells with useful ingredients and substances;
- Softens the skin and relaxes the stitched areas;
- Eliminates inflammation and redness of the skin;
- Restores the water balance in the skin, helping to cope with the dryness of the skin;
- Excellent cleansing of the skin and contaminated pores, fighting with acne;
- Flows the skin, brings it into tone;
- Has a rejuvenating effect;
- Treats wrinkles;
- Has a brightening effect.